Pages

Saturday 6 August 2011

Why I blog OR do I know why I blog?

I should introduce myself. My name is Cherie. Yes, I know it's French, but I am an Australian. My grandfather on my mother's side came from a very old Norman family who lived in Somerset, England, so I think that's how I got the name. I never have liked it much but other people tell me its pretty.

Anyway I'm new to this and am also quite new to being online generally. I gave myself a thrill and started a Twitter account. I enjoy posting a lot and the 140 characters helped me to curb my verbosity (somewhat, but not completely!) Now the next step is for me to have my own blog, and at the risk of sounding like an egomaniac, I think it's going to be fun to branch out a bit and add some depth to what I may be thinking at any given moment, about current affairs, movies or music or literature.

Just a few more details about myself: I am Sydney born and bred, university educated and lurching toward middle age. I hope what I have to say is of assistance to somebody out there and its' not just a wank. I really love movies and may start out by posting a few reviews and just carry on from there.

Wish me luck and any feedback available is most welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment